Adapted from Party Line with the Hearty Boys on Food Network. A warm appetiser
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Crumble the goat cheese into an oven safe dish and set aside.
- 3In a sauce pot combine the figs and sherry with enough water to barely cover the figs. Place the sauce pot over high heat and bring up to a bubble, cover and remove from the heat and let the figs plump while the onions are cooking.
- 4Pour the olive oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 5Using a slotted spoon remove the plumped figs from the sauce pot, leaving behind any of the pluming liquid.
- 6Add the figs to the cooked onions, stir to combine and then spoon over the goat cheese.
- 7Place the dish into the top half of the oven for 20 minutes, until the edges begin to bubble.
- 8Remove and serve immediately with sliced baguettes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onion, Garlic and Figs
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 745.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: