Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Twenty minutes into the vegetables roasting, start the pasta water and goat cheese preparation. This will allow all elements to come together at the same time. The goat cheese rounds are baked at a high temperature to crisp the breadcrumb coating and heat the cheese just enough to melt when you cut into one.
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place squash, bell pepper and onion in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil; toss well. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, rosemary, and black pepper. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes, stirring once.
- Place goat cheese in freezer 10 minutes. Cut cheese crosswise into 4 equal rounds. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Dredge each round in breadcrumbs; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 6 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before squash in done, cook pasta in salted water according to package directions, drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Return pasta to pan; add reserved pasta cooking water. Add red pepper and garlic, tossing to coat.
- Divide pasta in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with squash mixture and 1 goat cheese round.
What great comfort food! We made this last night and it was really good. It was not difficult to make and the assortment of roasted veggies were really delicious with the goat cheese and garlicky pasta. Yum! Thanks for posting.