1/2 Photos of Baked Gnocchi With Chicken
For this recipe you will need a skillet and a casserole. If you have an oven-safe skillet with deep sides, even better. Most skillets are only safe to 350 degree or 400. A Dutch oven would work well too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (4 cups)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded (2 cups)
- 17 1/2 ounces potato gnocchi
- 1 1/2 cups Baby Spinach, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (1 oz)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Heat your skillet over medium high heat, add the oil, then mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes or so. Transfer mushrooms to a plate and wipe out the skillet.
- 3Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium and melt the butter in the skillet. Stir in the flour and cook, whisking, for about 3 minutes. Whisk in the milk and chicken broth, simmering while whisking, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the nutmeg.
- 4Add in the chicken, mushrooms, gnocchi, and spinach. Stir to coat everything and wilt the spinach. Sprinkle with Parmesan, then transfer the whole shebang to the oven. If using a separate casserole, transfer everything to the casserole, then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- 5Bake until bubbling, about 20 minutes. If you like, turn on the broiler and brown the top for about 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Gnocchi With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.6
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 373.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: