Chef# 616082's Note:
This is a great quick snack we make bulk, freeze in an individual layer the put in a ziplock in the freezer for our four year old. They are also great on top of a salad or in a wrap. We use the ends of our 5 grain bread so it's healthy too. The parsley adds a vitamin kick. Parmesan added to the bread crumbs for the chicken nuggets is nice for a change but not necessary and we don't use do to milk intolerance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 slices gluten free bread
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (for the chicken nuggets)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed (for the fish sticks)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 chicken breasts or 1 equivalent sized piece of firm fish
- honey mustard sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- tartar sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with parchment or spray with non-stick coating.
- 3If your chicken is fresh, freeze for 15 minutes to ease the slicing or if frozen only partially thaw. Slice the small tip off at about an inch, cut in half horizontally and then slice each half in 1/4 inch slabs vertically so you end up with about 1 inch by 1 inch slices.
- 4If you are using fish cut to same size.
- 5Blend the Italian seasoning and parsley with the bread in either a food processor or a blender until very fine crumbs. If it's sticky and doesn't want to crumb add rice flour a teaspoon at a time until it crumbs nicely.
- 6Put the rice flour in one shallow bowl the egg in another and the crumbs in a third.
- 7Dredge each piece through the rice flour to coat thoroughly then the egg than the crumbs (we like lots of crispy coating).
- 8Bake chicken for 10 minutes flip and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes until done. For fish 5 minutes on the first and 3 on the second is usually sufficient,.
- 9They reheat nicely in a toaster oven.
- 10We serve the chicken with the honey mustard sauce and fish with the tartar sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Gluten Free Chicken/Fish Nuggets With Honey Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1076.4
- Calories from Fat 640
- Total Fat 71.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 319.4 mg
- Sodium 1458.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free bread
salt and pepper