Easy and delicious glazed ham
Make and share this Baked Glazed Virginia Ham recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the ham in a heavy roasting pan.
- Mince the garlic in a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Add the chutney, mustard, brown sugar, orange zest, and orange juice and process until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the ham and bake for 1 hour, until the ham is fully heated and the glaze is well browned.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Was PERFECT for our Easter dinner. Can't WAIT for the leftovers tonight! Thanks, Jeff!
The ham is still cooking, but the glaze is amazing! I did a taste test, and could eat it right out of the blender, it was so tasty. I substituted apple juice for oj (dietary sensitivities) and used Silver Palate Mango Chutney. I can wait for my family to try this ham! Thanks for posting.
I chose this recipe because you can't go wrong with one of Ina's recipes. I usually just use the packet from Costco's spiral hams but this time I used a different brand of ham and was suspicious of the packet. I left out the orange peel (because my kids don't favor the flavor). I usually don't care that much about ham but tonight this ham was my favorite part of Easter dinner! It really has a delectable flavor (very classic and not just "preserves" tasting). The Dijon really balances the flavor and keeps it from being too sweet. I am going to be making this next week for my aunt (who does not favor sweet glazes for ham) and I bet she will really love it. Thanks Jeff, for posting my favorite ham glaze (won't go back to the packet). Roxygirl