Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This wonderful and easy recipe was developed by my partner, Dean Ramsey.
- 1 (15 lb) whole smoked ham (bone in & not sliced)
- brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple slices
- pineapple juice (from above can)
- maraschino cherry (without stems)
- 16 whole cloves
- round wood toothpick
- With a knife, score the fat on the top part of the ham to form diamonds or squares.
- Be careful to only score the fat & not the meat. Place in a foil lined roasting pan & seal tightly with foil.
- Place in a roasting pan & Bake in a preheated 325 degree F. oven. It should bake a total of 15 minutes per pound. At 1 hour prior to the completion of the baking time, remove from oven.
- In a bowl, add pineapple juice & 1 cup honey & ½ cup brown sugar. Blend together & brush over the ham.
- Place pineapple slices on ham & with a wooden toothpick attach the maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring.
- Push a whole clove into the fat between each of the pineapple slices. Secure the cherries with the toothpicks.
- Cover the ham lightly (like a tent) with foil & return the ham to the oven & bake for the final 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes.
Delicious!!!! Basted the ham as written but had a lot of leftover glaze. So added a splash of srirrachi (sp?) hot sauce and some cornstarch and water to thicken the remaining glaze to serve on the sice. Now that I read the recipe I believe my ham was only 6 pounds so that explains the extra sauce. But tasted wonderful ate it with the pineapple can't wait for leftovers tomorrow. Thanks Alan, and it looked wonderful even tho I did not have any cherries!