Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful dessert for the holidays...if you are a gingerbread lover, then this is a must-try....delicious served with whipped cream!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- granulated sugar (to garnish)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x9-inch square baking pan.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in molasses.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and ground ginger.
- Add the sifted ingredients with sour cream alternately, to the creamed butter mixture, beating after each addition.
- In the bottom of the greased baking dish, sprinkle with sugar.
- Pour in the gingerbread batter; sprinkle top of batter with more sugar.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Serve the gingerbread warm or cold with whipping cream.