1 hr 5 mins
Oliver & Fischer's Mommy's Note:
My mother-in-law makes a chicken dish similar to this that my husband and all of his family loves (I'm a vegeterian, so I've never tasted it). One night I wanted to make it for my husband but couldn't get in touch with my mother-in-law. This is what I came up with from my husband's description and my vague memory of how she cooked the chicken. My husband and 2 year old son loved this chicken! Don't be intimidated by the amount of onion, garlic, and ginger. The chicken ends up with a subtle flavor. You don't have to be exact with the ingredients or measurements. Add more of what you like and less of what you don't. It's all about the slow cooking at a low temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a cusinart, puree the onions, garlic, and ginger.
- 2Mix in the hot sauce.
- 3Lightly salt and pepper the drumsticks.
- 4Place drumsticks in a pan and coat with the onion, garlic, ginger, and hot sauce mixture. There will be a lot of the mixture-Use it all. Just let the drumstick "swim" in the mixture.
- 5Bake at 250 degrees for about 35 to 45 minutes covered with foil.
- 6Bake at 250 degrees for about 10 minutes uncovered.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ginger Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.1
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 197.1 mg
- Sodium 825.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 47.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: