1/1 Photo of Baked Ginger-Apple Crumble
1 hr 20 mins
As summer ends, and the brisker weather approaches, it's apple-picking season. The dilemma that develops is what to do with all those apples that you picked? This is one idea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cooking apples, pared, cored, sliced 1/4-inch thick (such as Granny Smith, Rome, Golden Delicious)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into 10 pieces
- whipped cream, for serving
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 9-inch square baking pan.
- 2Toss apples with granulated sugar and both gingers. Add lemon zest and juice and toss again. Spread apples evenly in buttered pan.
- 3Coarsely chop nuts and mix with oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in mixing bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles very coarse crumbs. (Or coarsely chop nuts in food processor. Add dry ingredients and pulse several times to mix. Place butter on top and pulse until mixture resembles very coarse crumbs.) Sprinkle topping over apples.
- 4Bake until apples are tender and topping is browned, 45-50 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ginger-Apple Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.4
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 90.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 60.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: