1/5 Photos of Baked German Potato Salad
This recipe was given to me by a German lady that I worked with some time ago, it's a nice change from the usual potato salad recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup diced bacon (about 3 strips)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt (or less)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3-2/3 cup sugar (or less depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 8 cups sliced cooked potatoes
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 3-quart baking dish.
- 3Fry bacon; drain drippings from skillet reserving 1/4 cup.
- 4Add celery, onions, salt and flour.
- 5Simmer, stirring constantly.
- 6Add sugar, vinegar, pepper and water.
- 7Bring to a boil.
- 8Toss bacon and potatoes together in the baking dish.
- 9Pour celery mixture over top.
- 10Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 1043.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g