Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posting for World Tour 2. Easy oven pork chop recipe. Be sure tp use SWEET Hungarian paprika. Prep time does not include time to marinate.
- 6 pork chops, aboout 1 1/2 lbs
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1⁄8 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, Crushed
- 2 teaspoons mild sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- Place the pork chops in a single layer in an ovenproof 13"x9" baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT the sour cream. Evenly pour this over the chops.
- Cover and marinate the chops at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bake the chops, uncovered, in the marinade in a preheated 325 degree F. oven for 1 hour or until tender and done.
- When done, stir sour cream into pan juices and heat through but DO NOT boil.
- Serve chops with sour cream gravy and buttered noodles or mashed potatoes or dumplings.
listened to maryland jim used whole onion ,also used chicken stock instead of wine ,worked really well
This was a nice pork chop recipe that I would make again and for more flavor brown the pork chops in a skillet and use the white wine to deglaze the pan to add the bits and enhance the flavors of the marinade. The pork chops were tender, I used sirloin chops, and liked the caraway seeds added. Made and reviewed for ZWT 4.
Prepared this recipe for the German forumn of ZWT4. I must admit, it just didn't have the flavor that I was expecting. I'm thinking more onion and garlic next time.