Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
CALORIES 216(28% from fat); FAT 6.7g (sat 1.8g,mono 2.4g,poly 1.6g); PROTEIN 30.2g; CHOLESTEROL 91mg; CALCIUM 28mg; SODIUM 385mg; FIBER 1.7g; IRON 1.7mg; CARBOHYDRATE 9g
- 1 red bell pepper (cut in strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut in strips)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut in strips)
- 3 chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 12 slices lemons (about 1 lemon)
- cooking spray (I like to use olive oil spray)
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all 4 sauce ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine bell peppers and chicken in a baking dish. Pour sauce over top.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
It's hard to describe the flavor of this exactly since this isn't quite a typical lemon chicken although there is a strong flavor of lemon in this. I love lemon and so I personally enjoyed this although the sauce did not go well with the rice I served with it. However, when I served it only one other person enjoyed it and three just left it. I'm sorry.