Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
YUM! I found this on another site and I'm posting it for Zaar World Tour 5 for France
Top Review by QueenBee49444
Thank you for an easy method to roast garlic. This recipe is sure to be a family favorite and the garlic roasting method will be used for many other recipes. Made and enjoyed for PAC, Fall 2009. Thanks!
- 4 garlic heads, left whole
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml clarified butter
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 1 French bread, loaf sliced and heated
- 170.09 g cream cheese (or soft cheese or 1/2 cup butter, softened)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim the tops of the garlic heads, leaving them whole but removing about 1/4 inch. Remove excess dry skins.
- Rub the heads with a little of the butter or oil and put in a very small baking dish or crock the size of the four heads.
- Drizzle with the rest of the oil or butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover loosely, reduce heat to 275 degrees F and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover, and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Slice and heat the French bread (optional) in the last 10 minutes of the baking garlic.
- To serve: Spread French bread with soft creamy cheese (optional) or butter and squeeze clove by clove onto the bread and spread it.