Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
YUM! I found this on another site and I'm posting it for Zaar World Tour 5 for France
- 4 garlic heads, left whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 French bread, loaf sliced and heated
- 6 ounces cream cheese (or soft cheese or 1/2 cup butter, softened)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim the tops of the garlic heads, leaving them whole but removing about 1/4 inch. Remove excess dry skins.
- Rub the heads with a little of the butter or oil and put in a very small baking dish or crock the size of the four heads.
- Drizzle with the rest of the oil or butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover loosely, reduce heat to 275 degrees F and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover, and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Slice and heat the French bread (optional) in the last 10 minutes of the baking garlic.
- To serve: Spread French bread with soft creamy cheese (optional) or butter and squeeze clove by clove onto the bread and spread it.
Thank you for an easy method to roast garlic. This recipe is sure to be a family favorite and the garlic roasting method will be used for many other recipes. Made and enjoyed for PAC, Fall 2009. Thanks!
Yum! This was really good. I love roasted garlic and the kitchen smelled wonderful while this was cooking. I tried it with some cream cheese and then Goat Cheese Spread (From Thornton Winery) which was really great too. Thanks Realtor for a great new keeper. Made for ZWT5 2009.
Alas, a recipe to ward off a little New Orleans gris gris! Made for ZWT5.