Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The baking time is correct! From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Core tomatoes and slice in half crosswise.
- Place in baking dish, cut side up.
- Mix olive oil, garlic, basil or rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour over tomatoes, and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours.
Very easy to put together. Great use for those home garden tomatoes. I followed the instructions exactly, using fresh basil.