Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 chicken, cut up
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, blend together the butter, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken, skin side up, in at 13 x 9" baking dish.
- Spread seasoned butter over chicken.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until tender, basting occasionally with the pan juices.
This was wonderful! Super quick and easy! Only made a couple of changes...used fresh thyme and added fresh rosemary! It was delightful and flavorful. Thank you.
I found this same recipe in my 365 Ways to Cook Chicken cookbook. So easy! And yummy too. I upped the green onions to three and omitted the salt (added after cooking). Melted the butter in the microwave, then added the garlic, onion and herbs. Set aside while I cut up the chicken. By the time I was ready for the baste, the butter had exactly the right consistancy for spreading. I didn't even really need to baste! So tender and flavorful! Yum! The timing is exactly right too. I wouldn't change a thing! :)
Very quick, easy, and Delicious! I will definitely be making this again. My husband, my diet and I thank you!!!