Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread seasoned butter over outside of chicken.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in a baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Turn chicken breast side up and bake another 25-35 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally with pan juices.
The chicken had nice flavor, but it turned out dry. I used chicken breasts and cooked the chicken for a less amount of time. Maybe if I had used a whole chicken as the recipe suggests it would not have been dry. Thanks for sharing.
I really like this. It's simple with alot of flavor. I added more scallions than suggested. I served orzo w/pine nuts as a side dish.