Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
the smell of this soup cooking will drive you crazy if you like garlic.
Make and share this Baked Garlic Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 20 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans, and liquid
- 1 cup squash
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Layer vegetables in baking pan.
- Pour wine and herbs over vegetables.
- Dot top with butter.
- Cover and bake for one hour, then lower heat to 325 degrees.
- Stir in cream and cheeses and bake an additional 15 minutes uncovered.
Very tasty! I did leave out the green pepper as I cannot eat them and used 2% milk instead of cream. Very, very hearty and good. Thank you Dancer.