Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is FABULOUS!!! I LOVE mushrooms and garlic and this is beyond wonderful!
- 2 heads garlic, bulbs tops cut off to expose the garlic
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 6 scallions, sliced in 1 inch lengths
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With palm of hand, press down lightly on the top of each garlic bulb to loosen the cloves.
- Put the bulbs in a small baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil over the exposed cloves.
- Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt over that.
- Bake 45 minutes
- Drizzle 1 teaspoons oil over the cloves, return to oven and cook 30 mins more.
- Remove from oven, let stand 10 minutes then remove the garlic cloves from the bulb. Reserve oil that you baked the garlic inches.
- Add 4 teaspoons oil, salt and reserved oil from baking pan and place all into a large skillet.
- Over med-high heat add the mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves and scallions. Cook 5 minutes.
Yumm! So simple, yet SO good! I can eat this just by itself, but it is a great accompianment to a steak. I also added some Montreal Seasoning. Thanks for posting!