Recipe by Northwest Lynnie
This is so good, it's hard to stop eating it. Great texture with crunchy edges, great flavor with garlic and black pepper. I like to serve it with poultry, pork, or fish. Plan ahead, it bakes for 70 minutes.
Top Review by angie_pangie
We love this dish. I use it in my OAMC/freezer cooking rotation - I prepare all the way through adding the last 1 1/2 cups of broth and freeze. When I am ready to serve this I bake it directly from the freezer at 375 for 45-60 minutes and it turns out perfectly!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Heat butter in a skillet; add garlic and rice and cook until both are golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of broth and the salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and pour into a covered casserole; bake for 25 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups broth; cook for another 45 minutes.
- This can be doubled without increasing the cooking time.