Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is so good, it's hard to stop eating it. Great texture with crunchy edges, great flavor with garlic and black pepper. I like to serve it with poultry, pork, or fish. Plan ahead, it bakes for 70 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Heat butter in a skillet; add garlic and rice and cook until both are golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of broth and the salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and pour into a covered casserole; bake for 25 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups broth; cook for another 45 minutes.
- This can be doubled without increasing the cooking time.
this is a great side dish. loved the fresh garlic taste. i added parmesan cheese. next time i will add some parsley. thanks
This is an excellent side dish. I did use long grain brown rice. The first time I kept the liquid and cooking times the same The next time, I doubled the recipe, again used the Long Grain Brown Rice, but increased the broth a total of 5 cups, and increased the cooking time to an hour up from the 45 minutes. It was perfect, and all gone.
I have made this twice now: once with jasmine rice and once with a wild rice blend. They were both delicious. However, I must admit that I prefer the complexity of the wild rice flavor with this dish. The nuttiness of the rice melded with the garlic flavor was amazing. The wild rice blend did take longer to cook, but was well worth it. The rice seemed moister with the wild rice, too. The leftovers were even better than when it came fresh out of the oven. Yummmm!