Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is so good, it's hard to stop eating it. Great texture with crunchy edges, great flavor with garlic and black pepper. I like to serve it with poultry, pork, or fish. Plan ahead, it bakes for 70 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Heat butter in a skillet; add garlic and rice and cook until both are golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of broth and the salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and pour into a covered casserole; bake for 25 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups broth; cook for another 45 minutes.
- This can be doubled without increasing the cooking time.