Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are really delicious. Prep time does not take into account marinading time
- 4 quail
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cut quail in half through centres.
- Combine garlic, sambal oelek, honey, sauce, sugar and oil in bowl, add quail, stir well and cover, refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180dC.
- Place quail on rack over baking dish, bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes, increase temperature to hot 200dC and cook further 10 minutes or until quail are crisp and tender.
These are very good, they have a nice zing to them from the sambal oelek. I let them marinate for about 24 hours and baked them per the instructions at 180C (350F) for 15 minutes and then at 200C (400F) for 10 minutes. They needed an extra 5 minutes at the 400F to get them to the crisp and tender stage. Very tasty. Thanks Latchy, very nice recipe.