Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
- 1 1⁄2 kg leg of lamb or 1 1⁄2 kg lamb shoulder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 1 kg yogurt
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Cut meat into 4 serving pieces.
- Season with salt, pepper, cumin and garlic.
- Dot with ¼ cup butter and bake at 350 degrees, basting now and then with pan juices, about 40 minutes, or until well browned.
- Remove baking pan from oven, stir rice into pan juices.
- Set aside while preparing yogurt sauce.
- Combine yogurt with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in eggs until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Melt the remaining ½ cup butter and add the flour.
- Sauté until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add yogurt mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour yogurt sauce in baking pan, stirring it with meat pieces, and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.