Recipe by quixoposto
For garlic lovers: 40 cloves of garlic. Chicken is baked with wine and herbs.
Top Review by Trinkets
Julia, I cannot rate this the way it's written. I think this recipe is missing a few steps. I tried it as written and the entire time I was following the directions I was saying "this is not right" and I was correct because the dish was flavorless and no one liked it. Bomb. I think step #1 would be to dredge the chicken pieces in seasoned flour then lightly fry in the olive oil before adding to the baking dish. Please try it that way, I think you'll see what I mean. This suggestion is meant to be constructive, not destructive. I think you have real potential here.
- 2 chicken, cut into pieces
- 40 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish with skin side up.
- Tuck garlic all around it.
- Add chopped celery.
- Mix wine, olive oil, poultry seasoning, parsley and basil.
- Drizzle over the chicken.
- Squeeze juice of a lemon over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and lemon pepper.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes at 375°F.