Recipe by thepurpleturtle
The garlic smell through the house while the chicken is baking is to die for! Would be good served with some crusty bread or garlic bread.
Top Review by kellychris
LOVED THIS!! My DD read the recipe after dinner, trying to figure out what EXACTLY made it so great, but decided there is no ONE THING- it's just great. She is a picky,SKINNY 14 yo. that stated her new favorite is "cacciatore".LOL I also found it great, with moist chicken- not rubbery- and the spices are PERFECT. Thanks so much- Made for ZWT7.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut each breast into 2 or 3 pieces)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- lightly spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray. Place onion evenly in bottom of the casserole dish and then place the chicken on top of the onions.
- Pour the wine over everything.
- sprinkle the italian seasoning, salt and pepper all over the chicken and then lay the sliced garlic evenly on top of the chicken and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes (cover the dish if garlic looks like it might start to burn).
- Pour the pasta sauce over the chicken and top with the mozzarella cheese. Cover, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with spaghettini noodles and top with parmesan cheese if desired.