Recipe by Douglas Poe
This is always a Southern classic side dish to have on your table. The recipe had to be changed because Kraft doesn't make garlic cheese in a tube anymore. Still tastes wonderful and brings back childhood memories. I hope it does the same for you.
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups water
- 1 cup grits, uncooked
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a pot bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add grits to boiling broth, stirring constantly for a minute.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until thick.
- Temper eggs with a small amount of cooked grits and then add back to the grits.
- Combine butter, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder with grits.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.