Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a combination appetizer that I serve based on a few different appetizers that I have seen offered in resturants. Your guests must love garlic, of course, but it is a rich, elegant appetizer that is sure to impress. I even occasionally make it for myself for dinner!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops off of the garlic, so that the cluster of cloves can be seen. Do not seperate cloves.
- Baste with oil and sprinkle lightly with Thyme.
- Place garlic on a medium piece of foil and then wrap foil around garlic, until it is complelety wrapped up in foil.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 mins. Allow to cool.
- Serve baked garlic with crusty French bread and Brie cheese.
- Squeeze garlic onto bread slices and alternate with slices of Brie on bread (you can also combine garlic and Brie slices, but it is quite rich).
I have been making this for years, I LOVE this stuff! I also heat up the Brie slightly in an oven-proof small dish. With a good sour dough bread, I can make a meal out of this! Thanks for posting, Helping Hands.
One word - Heaven! I combined this recipe with Brie or Camembert, Baked - Simply heated the Brie. What a wonderful combination. Garlic lovers unit Thanks Helping Hands for posting this recipe
This happens to be one of my favorite appetizers, simple and tasty. Instead of squeezing the garlic out onto the bread, use a butter knife and you can scoop the clove right out of the garlic head, and spread it on the bread, then top with the Brie.