Recipe by Helping Hands
This is a combination appetizer that I serve based on a few different appetizers that I have seen offered in resturants. Your guests must love garlic, of course, but it is a rich, elegant appetizer that is sure to impress. I even occasionally make it for myself for dinner!
Top Review by Scoutie
I have been making this for years, I LOVE this stuff! I also heat up the Brie slightly in an oven-proof small dish. With a good sour dough bread, I can make a meal out of this! Thanks for posting, Helping Hands.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops off of the garlic, so that the cluster of cloves can be seen. Do not seperate cloves.
- Baste with oil and sprinkle lightly with Thyme.
- Place garlic on a medium piece of foil and then wrap foil around garlic, until it is complelety wrapped up in foil.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 mins. Allow to cool.
- Serve baked garlic with crusty French bread and Brie cheese.
- Squeeze garlic onto bread slices and alternate with slices of Brie on bread (you can also combine garlic and Brie slices, but it is quite rich).