I have based this on my Easy Garlic and Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts as a variation. I used panko but you could use plain dried breadcrumbs. This recipe can easily be doubled.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened but not melted)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or more if you like)
- camembert cheese (I used a double cream camenbert cut into strips to fit in the pocket)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- olive oil flavored cooking spray or butter, for greasing baking dish
- Preheat oven to 180'C/350-375'F.
- Mix together the chopped basil, garlic and butter.
- Cut a deep cut along each chicken breast to make a pocket.
- Fill pockets with mixture and then place camenbert slices of top, pressing in well.
- Dust with a little flour and dip into the beaten egg.
- Add salt and pepper to the panko and stir.
- Roll breasts in the panko mix covering them well.
- At this stage you can either place in fridge for 30 minutes to set the crumbs or start cooking by placing the breasts in a greased or sprayed baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 15mins.
- Pour over the wine and continue baking for another 15 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.