Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Source Shadows One of my originals.Very tasty.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Break tough ends off asparagus.
- Place in Ziploc bag.
- Cook garlic and parsley in oil for 3 minutes.
- Pour garlic oil over asparagus.
- Toss to coat.
- Lay coated asparagus stalks in baking tray, making sure they don't overlap.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in 400º oven for 5-8 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
- NOTES: For extra flavor and a classy presentation, wrap 4-5 stalks together with a slice of uncooked bacon, securing with a toothpick.
- Repeat with remaining stalks.
- Spoon any left over garlic oil over bunches.
- Bake additional 5 minutes.
A nice alternative to my normal garlic saut?ed asparagus! I made as written and was wishing we had some bacon so that I could have tried the suggestion in step 9. Thanks for the tasty post.
We loved this! Two of my favorite ingredients - parsley and garlic. Next time, I'll add more garlic and more parsley. Delicious!
This is the only way I cook asparagus. But I just put it on the foil with what you use and mix it up. But I bet cooking it frist would be better. going to try that. Thanks Shadows