Baked Garlic and Onion Cream Soup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place onions and garlic in a shallow roasting pan, and add 3 cups of the chicken stock.
- Sprinkle with thyme, pepper and salt. Dot with butter.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Stir once or twice during baking.
- Remove the pan from the oven and puree the onions and garlic with the liquid until smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining stock and the cream.
- Pour the soup into a large saucepan, adjusting the seasonings and slowly heat through.
- Do no allow the soup to boil. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.