Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This looked soooo yummy in BonAppetit that I had to share it with everyone!! The fact that I have enough tomatoes to feed the state of Kentucky had nothing to do with it....LOL! Would be a tasty side dish, spooned on toasted baguette slices, or for an omelet filling.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 lbs tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds and most of the juices. Then flesh into 1/2-inch cubes. (When I made this without sqeezing the tomatoes, it was a soupy mess!).
- Oil an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Heat 2 Tbs. oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 sec.
- Add onion and saute until soft, about 6 minute.
- Add tomatoes, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minute.
- Mix in chives; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer tomato mixture to prepared baking dish; sprinkle the grated cheeses over the top.
- Bake until cheese melts and begins to turn golden brown, about 20 minute.