Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another simple, somewhat plain casserole that my kids like.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesfrozen italian mixed vegetables, thawed
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together soup, milk and dressing mix; add cottage cheese and 1/2 cup.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Add the cooked pasta and vegetables and mix until well coated.
- Spoon into greased 13 x 9 baking dish and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until heated through.
Wow, the whole family liked this and that is quite an accomplishment. This dish was very rich and cheesy. The Italian dressing mix gave it a zestiness. This dish is great for when you are short on time. Thanks Nurse Di.
Good dish, it makes a lot! I froze my leftovers and it was even better the second time around. I used skim milk and low fat cottage and parm. cheese. Also added turkey sausage for a little different flavor.