Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This one is really simple. I think it is from Cooking Light. You can also use Braeburn, Pink Lady, or any other apple that "breaks down easily".
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 lbs apples
- Set oven at 375°F.
- Peel, core, and halve the apples.
- Place in a large dutch oven. Toss with other ingredients and cover.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring halfway through, until apples are tender.
- I like this warm, but it can be chilled first.