Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Good for chocolate lovers, a cross between a pudding & a brownie.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (almonds or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine sugar, flour and cocoa in bowl.
- Stir in eggs, melted butter, vanilla and nuts.
- Place large pan of hot water in oven.
- Pour batter in buttered 9" square cake pan.
- Place in larger pan, water should come halfway up the side.
- Bake 1 hour, 20 minutes.
- Pudding is done when surface is lightly cracked and centre springs back when touched.
- Remove dish from larger pan to cool.
- Pudding has custard like consistency when it cools.
- Serve lukewarm or cut cold into squares.
Much more brownie, not very pudding. Way too much nuts.
I cut it into little squares & served with vanilla bean icecream.
It was nice and moist in the centre though.
Not very impressed with this one, mainly due to how long it took to cook. Think I'll stick to my regular fudge brownie recipe.