- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs on medium speed till lemon-colored, or 2 minutes.
- Combine next three ingredients and add to eggs; combine well.
- Add butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into greased 8x8" baking dish.
- Put this dish into a larger dish filled half way with water.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes or until crust forms on top.
- You may serve it warm or chill overnight.