My mother made this one for a holiday morning breakfast. Make the night before and then pop in the oven; it's fantastic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 ounces day-old French bread
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sliced frozen strawberries
- 1Grease 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2Diagonally cut bread into 1-inch slices and place in dish. Set aside.
- 3In medium bow, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in milk.
- 4Pour mixture over bread, turning slices to coat well.
- 5Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6In the morning, heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 7In small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- 8Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 9Turn bread slices over in baking dish with a spatula.
- 10Scatter berries over the bread, and sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the top.
- 11Bake about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Cut into squares for serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fruity French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.1 mg
- Sodium 299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 8.5 g