Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Winner in the Better than Butter contest held by Colavite. Great Sunday breakfast!
Make and share this Baked Fruited French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb loaf Italian bread, unsliced
- 1⁄3 cup colavita olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries or 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk, more if necessary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- chopped fine toasted almond
- Heat oven to 350ºF degrees.
- Slice bread in 1-inch slices (should have 10-12 slices);set aside.
- Put olive oil in 13x9 inch baking dish; cover with brown sugar.
- Arrange apples, pears and dried cherries over brown sugar.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon & nuts; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then add milk, almond extract & Amaretto. (If you choose you can add a litttle more)
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture and place on top of fruit.
- Pour any extra egg mixture over bread.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bread is lightly golden.
- Serve fruited side up with warm maple syrup or a dusting of powdered sugar, if desired.
This was so amazing. I couldn't believe how delicious it was. Very easy to make but looks gorgeous.