Winner in the Better than Butter contest held by Colavite. Great Sunday breakfast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb loaf Italian bread, unsliced
- 1/3 cup colavita olive oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk, more if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- chopped fine toasted almond
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF degrees.
- 2Slice bread in 1-inch slices (should have 10-12 slices);set aside.
- 3Put olive oil in 13x9 inch baking dish; cover with brown sugar.
- 4Arrange apples, pears and dried cherries over brown sugar.
- 5Sprinkle with cinnamon & nuts; set aside.
- 6In a large bowl, beat eggs, then add milk, almond extract & Amaretto. (If you choose you can add a litttle more)
- 7Dip bread slices in egg mixture and place on top of fruit.
- 8Pour any extra egg mixture over bread.
- 9Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bread is lightly golden.
- 10Serve fruited side up with warm maple syrup or a dusting of powdered sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fruited French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.7
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 146.6 mg
- Sodium 519.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: