Recipe by JNS
An easy, healthy and delicious fruit slice that's great for the lunchbox or with a cuppa ! I use a mix of sultanas, currants and raisins for the dried fruit but you could add any other dried fruits.
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 220 g mixed dried fruit
- 150 g self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190C and line a 28cm x 18cm pan with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add egg, fruit, sifted flour and spice and mix well.
- Press into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- The slice should be soft and chewy rather than crisp.
- Allow to cool and then cut into squares.