Recipe by BlueHyacinth
This is one of the best fruit compotes I've ever tasted. Perfect for the winter months, and great over ice cream or whatever you want.
Top Review by Carol G.
I found this recipe in the 11/2005 issue of "Womans Day" and just happened to run across it posted here. It's very easy to prepare & always a hit with family & friends. I serve mine with the main course, just plain from a pretty dish & it always goes fast! (can be made up to 1 week ahead.Refrigerate covered)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup wine (your favorite kind)
- 2 1⁄2 cups dried apricots
- 1 cup pitted prune
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, not drained
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Have ready a 2 - 2 1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Dissolve sugar in wine.
- Put dried and canned fruits in baking dish, add wine mixture and stir to mix. Cover with foil.
- Bake 1 hour, or until most of the liquor is absorbed. Uncover, cool and transfer to serving dish; cover and regrigerate overnight.