Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of the best fruit compotes I've ever tasted. Perfect for the winter months, and great over ice cream or whatever you want.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup wine (your favorite kind)
- 2 1⁄2 cups dried apricots
- 1 cup pitted prune
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, not drained
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350. Have ready a 2 - 2 1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Dissolve sugar in wine.
- Put dried and canned fruits in baking dish, add wine mixture and stir to mix. Cover with foil.
- Bake 1 hour, or until most of the liquor is absorbed. Uncover, cool and transfer to serving dish; cover and regrigerate overnight.
I found this recipe in the 11/2005 issue of "Womans Day" and just happened to run across it posted here. It's very easy to prepare & always a hit with family & friends. I serve mine with the main course, just plain from a pretty dish & it always goes fast! (can be made up to 1 week ahead.Refrigerate covered)