carol ann in canada's Note:
I love fresh fruit...whatever way I can get it. This recipe came from a customer of mine, that is experimenting all the time, with recipes. This does not take very long to prepare and if unexpected guests drop by at dinner time....Voila!!!! They think you have been "slavin" in the kitchen for hours!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ripe peaches or 1 pear, pitted and cut into eighths (you could use both)
- 1 ripe purple plum, pitted and cut into eighths
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 450*.
- 2Place fruit in a well greased 11 x 7-inch oven proof dish.
- 3In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and sprinkle over fruit Drizzle with vanilla and dot with butter or margerine.
- 4Toss to combine all the ingredients.
- 5Bake for 10-15 minutes, (turning fruit over halfway thru the total baking time) or until sugar starts to caramelize and fruit begins to brown.
- 6Serve warm.
- 7Drizzle with the yogurt if you like.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 21.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g