Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love fresh fruit...whatever way I can get it. This recipe came from a customer of mine, that is experimenting all the time, with recipes. This does not take very long to prepare and if unexpected guests drop by at dinner time....Voila!!!! They think you have been "slavin" in the kitchen for hours!
- 1 ripe peaches or 1 pear, pitted and cut into eighths (you could use both)
- 1 ripe purple plum, pitted and cut into eighths
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Place fruit in a well greased 11 x 7-inch oven proof dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and sprinkle over fruit Drizzle with vanilla and dot with butter or margerine.
- Toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, (turning fruit over halfway thru the total baking time) or until sugar starts to caramelize and fruit begins to brown.
- Serve warm.
- Drizzle with the yogurt if you like.
Scrumptious!!! I needed to use up some fruit and this was a great discovery. Though it calls for 2 fruits, I snuck in a 3rd, using a pear, plum & nectarine, but left all other amounts the same. They baked up beautifully with just enough sauce. Served with pancakes.