Recipe by Neta
A popular side dish in my household.
Top Review by ~Bliss~
I had only 16 oz. of peas, and cut down just a tiny bit on the cheese. I wasn't expecting much, but I really liked this dish. I will try it again, but maybe with cheddar cheese and mushrooms just to see what happens. Just stuck three containers in the freezer (I live alone); ate TONS after I took it from the oven; got another portion for me tonite. I think this would be wonderful to take to pot lucks. Easy and good.
- 20 ounces frozen peas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- DO NOT thaw peas. Break apart with hands and place in bowl.
- Mix frozen peas with cream of mushroom soup and 4 ounces of the grated swiss cheese.
- Pour into 8x8-inch casserole dish. Top with remaining 4 ounces grated swiss cheese. Mix together bread crumbs and melted margarine. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. If top starts getting brown too fast, loosely cover with aluminum foil.