Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A popular side dish in my household.
- 20 ounces frozen peas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- DO NOT thaw peas. Break apart with hands and place in bowl.
- Mix frozen peas with cream of mushroom soup and 4 ounces of the grated swiss cheese.
- Pour into 8x8-inch casserole dish. Top with remaining 4 ounces grated swiss cheese. Mix together bread crumbs and melted margarine. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. If top starts getting brown too fast, loosely cover with aluminum foil.
I'm not sure how 20 oz of peas would have worked. I used 6 oz of peas and 4 oz of leftover quinoa, mushroom soup and instead of shredded swiss, I used 3 sections of Laughing Cow swiss and herb. no bread crumbs. It was wonderful, DH loved it too.
I followed this recipe exactly as written and loved it. Sometimes the simplest recipes turn out the best. Thanks for a keeper. And on a side note, I just have to comment on Andie's review: why in the world would you eat this when you are "not too crazy about swiss cheese" and then complain about the swiss cheese?