1/1 Photo of Baked Fried Chicken
This is just a variation of the way my dad used to make fried chicken. Frying at high temperature for a short period of time (just enough to brown the outside) and then baking it to finish makes for incredibly tender and juicy chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil on medium high heat in large skillet or frying pan (375 degrees).
- 2Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 3Combine dry ingredients.
- 4Moisten chicken pieces with water (if necessary).
- 5Dredge chicken in flour and crumb mixture.
- 6Quickly fry chicken on all sides until browned and crisp.
- 7Place in covered baking dish and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove cover and bake additional 20-30 minutes to re-crisp chicken, serve.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.3
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 170.9 mg
- Sodium 1005.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 49.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning