Recipe by Rumdrinker25
This is just a variation of the way my dad used to make fried chicken. Frying at high temperature for a short period of time (just enough to brown the outside) and then baking it to finish makes for incredibly tender and juicy chicken.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 lb frying chicken (Skin on!)
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil on medium high heat in large skillet or frying pan (375 degrees).
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Moisten chicken pieces with water (if necessary).
- Dredge chicken in flour and crumb mixture.
- Quickly fry chicken on all sides until browned and crisp.
- Place in covered baking dish and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake additional 20-30 minutes to re-crisp chicken, serve.