Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Libbie's recipe has pickle relish, sour cream, ketchup. Rudy says these are the big white lima beans. I think you could use canned butter beans to cut down cooking time. holy cow these are good i made a pot of dried limas and then did 4 different dishes and this was amazing wowser
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lima beans, fresh from garden
- 1⁄2 water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish, sweet
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch basil
- Cook lima beans in 1/2 cup water.
- Salt and pepper and butter to taste.
- Cook for 10 to 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat up 1 tablespoon butter; saute onion until transparent.
- Stir in tender lima beans. I think you could use canned butter beans here.( i used the dried limas cooked in crockpot and divided into4 different dishes and frozen for later this one must eat 1st cause of the sour cream ).
- Add ketchup, pickle relish, salt and pepper to taste, sour cream, and a tiny pinch of basil.
- Turn mixture into a casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until heated though, 15 minutes.
- Libby used oven as warmer because everyone was outside working.