Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Rachael Ray's show 30 Minute Meals. Sounds good!!
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 poblano peppers
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour, plus 2 tbsp
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 59.14 ml milk
- 29.58 ml spicy mustard
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Remove seeds from peppers and cut in 1/2 inch lengthwise strips.
- Set up a breading station: 1 pan of 1 cup of flour; 1 pan of beaten eggs with milk, 2 tbsp flour and mustard; and 1 pan of breadcrumbs seasoned with cheese, garlic powder, cajun seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Coat the peppers in the flour, then in the egg mixture and then in breadcrumbs. Arrange the chili fries on nonstick baking sheet and roast for 18 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from oven and serve.
I threw in a couple of cayennes and believe me, I think my taste buds were irrevocable damaged from the lighter fluid-like results of those hot babies. Anyway, the poblanos and jalapenos were marvelous and only whet my appetite for more. Made for A-NZ Reunion Recipe Tag.