Recipe by nemokitty
This is from Rachael Ray's show 30 Minute Meals. Sounds good!!
Top Review by gailanng
I threw in a couple of cayennes and believe me, I think my taste buds were irrevocable damaged from the lighter fluid-like results of those hot babies. Anyway, the poblanos and jalapenos were marvelous and only whet my appetite for more. Made for A-NZ Reunion Recipe Tag.
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2 tbsp
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Remove seeds from peppers and cut in 1/2 inch lengthwise strips.
- Set up a breading station: 1 pan of 1 cup of flour; 1 pan of beaten eggs with milk, 2 tbsp flour and mustard; and 1 pan of breadcrumbs seasoned with cheese, garlic powder, cajun seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Coat the peppers in the flour, then in the egg mixture and then in breadcrumbs. Arrange the chili fries on nonstick baking sheet and roast for 18 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from oven and serve.