Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A simple and delicious dessert from Jacques Pepin. You can double the recipe easily.
Make and share this Baked Fresh Apricots with Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cut the apricots in half and remove their pits.
- Arrange the apricot halves, cut side down, in a gratin dish.
- Spoon the jam over the fruit.
- Pour the half-and-half over the fruit.
- Sprinkle the almonds and sugar on top.
- Place in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve lukewarm.
Delicious except for the half-and-half. Yucky cream effect. Will make again without.
fantastic! I used a hot ginger/pepper jelly instead of apricot jam and only a tsp. of sugar sprinkled over the top. I agree, it would be great over poundcake or granola!
This was very good, but it is very sweet, almost too sweet for my liking. I served this on its own and I suggest serving atop some vanilla ice cream or pound cake to cut some of the sweetness. This would also be lovely for brunch served on top of a good quality granola. I used 18% cream and would probably use 35% cream next time. Thankyou for sharing Jango and Jacques.